Its Fri what's in your soap pot?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tabitha said:
I'm waiting for my oils to cool and trying to figure out how much scent to add. I got some 'all natural eucalyptus/spearmint' from sweetcakes. I'm not sure if it's an e.o. or an f.o.? how much should I add to my 3 lb. batch???

EOs are 'all natural', fos are synthetic but may contain some natural within the blend. If it's 'all natural' you have an eo :wink: .
or an EO blend.

but I can tell you that fragrances manufacturers are playing fast and loose with "all natural" and you cannot count on naming conventions meaning anything these days.

I'm making a boring tea tree soap this weekend, need to wrap 300 bars in stock, for a May long weekend show...will try to post pics of the lot, or maybe after I set up at the show..

I did make a blend that is to die for:
I started with pettigrain (cuz I love it), then kept adding, to try to get a blend that smells like neroli (which who can afford?).....so I added: bergamot, orange, palmarosa, lavender and patchouli. It is very mysterious and deep, but smells not much like my beloved neroli.

and to reply to cathym: I use a rule of 1/2 ounce of eo or fo per pound of oils (ppo)....unless I find the scent of a particular one very strong, or very weak, and then I may add a little less, or a little more. I love to play and mix....

I 'should' be re-stocking shower gels but so far I have only made lipbalms.

Coffee
Rootbeer
Rose
Absinthe
Honey
Mint

I ended up not making the chocolate mint like I wanted.

I made 2 different Sea Salt Spa Bars

I made one with Ecalyptus & Rosemary Essential Oils & the other with Peppermint and Tea Tree Essential Oils.

I am newly in LOVE with Peppermint and Tea Tree. I have a shampoo from Organix w/ that scent combo & it's amazing.

Latest posts

Back