Its Fri what's in your soap pot?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennikate

Reaction score
Hi all. Ok so what are all you brilliant soapers making this weekend in your soap pots? I am thinking just a boring Castille Soap. Just now using last batch I made couple months ago. It really does get harder as time goes by. :D

I'm going to try to make an OMH and a Gardener's Bar. We'll see...it's going to be a beautiful weekend and there is lots of yard work to do!

Since tonight is my Monday I just packed up my pot. The first project was soap for the swap (can't say anything about it; it's a secret XD). The second project was a mango salsa scented facial bar made with mango butter as an extra treat. I used a rose mold I love so I'm calling them mango roses.

I'm going to do a 3 lb. batch using palm, olive, sunflower, castor and grapeseed oil with eucalyptus/spearmint. has anyone tried grapeseed oil?

I'ved used grapeseed with success. I read so much about DOS relating to it so I haven't used it in a while. On that note I never had DOS with it.

I'm running out of soap supplies and going to have to order more soon!

Today I'm going to do a tea tree facial bar and... we'll see what else.

I'm trying to wait for my colors to come in the mail! Just ordered some pop micas, eo blends and a new mold and the suspense is killing me!

Overthemoon said:
Since tonight is my Monday I just packed up my pot. The first project was soap for the swap (can't say anything about it; it's a secret XD). The second project was a mango salsa scented facial bar made with mango butter as an extra treat. I used a rose mold I love so I'm calling them mango roses.

Where's your mango salsa from? A friend has a yankee mango salsa candle that I looove!

tasha said:
Overthemoon said:

Where's your mango salsa from? A friend has a yankee mango salsa candle that I looove!

Mine's from Peak. I like it quite a bit (even though I don't really like mango). The scent has morphed a little in the cook. The bath bombs smell a little different but I do like the soap. I used FD&C color and got a pale yellow and orange.

I made "black canyon" last night, not sure about tonight, maybe cedar(peak). or marmalade spice(peak) oh its hard to decide.!

I am gonna make a chocolate mint bar if I feel up to it tonight..... I know, I know.... I just had surgery, but I am literally dieing to make some!

I'm waiting for my oils to cool and trying to figure out how much scent to add. I got some 'all natural eucalyptus/spearmint' from sweetcakes. I'm not sure if it's an e.o. or an f.o.? how much should I add to my 3 lb. batch???

Well, my weekend doesn't start till sunday, but I'm planning on another beer batch scented with coconut lime verbena for starters, have to pack up my swap stuff, and after that I'm not sure yet. Hmm...

It's choice of one of these three, not sure which one will win yet. WSP's Mango Papaya, which by the way is to die for, just got it. The other one is another new yummy one for me, WSP's Raspberry Lemonade, "makes my mouth water", OR WSP's chocolate drizzle, and Sweetcakes candy cane mixed, YUM! depends on what I am hungry for at the time. :lol:

I made some soap last night and I used a PVC pipe. I think it overheated because it is kind of mottled, either that or it is a side effect of my recurring coloring problems.

If I can find an easier mold than the stupid PVC pipe I will make some more soap this weekend. I'll work on hubby to agree to some WSP silicone molds.

I'm waiting for my oils to cool and trying to figure out how much scent to add. I got some 'all natural eucalyptus/spearmint' from sweetcakes. I'm not sure if it's an e.o. or an f.o.? how much should I add to my 3 lb. batch???
EOs are 'all natural', fos are synthetic but may contain some natural within the blend. If it's 'all natural' you have an eo :wink: .

Jody63 said:
It's choice of one of these three, not sure which one will win yet. WSP's Mango Papaya, which by the way is to die for, just got it. The other one is another new yummy one for me, WSP's Raspberry Lemonade, "makes my mouth water", OR WSP's chocolate drizzle, and Sweetcakes candy cane mixed, YUM! depends on what I am hungry for at the time. :lol:

The rasp lemonade is to die for. Perfect for spring & summer, it's a good seller for me. I like the choc drizzel too. I don't have the mango papaya but their mango sorbet is unbelievable!

I'm cooking up half a gallon of biodiesel so I can practice purifying the glycerin :D

With a little work I hope to make some really great bubble solution. For blowing bubbles, not like bath bombs 8)

Oh I can't wait Tabitha, in the bottle rasp. lemonade is fantastic. I have to tell you, the Mango Papaya is unbelievable, I think it is my new favorite. I have used a lot of scents over the years, and that one stands out.

Latest posts

Back