It's football season

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I felt inspired to make soap in my team's colors (U of A) and also because my bag of Really Red mica from Nurture was crying out 'pick me, pick me'. It's actually the old really red formula so I've had it a while now and don't know why it didn't try it sooner. I forced gel because I didn't want any hint of pink so was very pleased to see a true red when I sliced it today.

I also tried another cosmic wave pour with adjusted color ratios but stupidly decided to make a tallow recipe which traced quicker than the palm recipe I used for the Monster Mash batch. So I still don't feel like the cool pour pattern is visible on top of the soap but I do like the feathering when you slice it into bars.

20160827_163209.jpg

20160828_134216.jpg

20160828_134230.jpg

20160828_134248.jpg

Those look great, Doriette! The feathering is terrific. :thumbup: I guess I need to make some for my Bronco fan kids in Denver. Hey! That would make a really good challenge topic ~ create soap according to your favorite sports team! Any sport, any team, any country, even the local primary school. Hmmmm..... Something to think about, SMF Challenge Coordinators. :)

The pattern looks really great in the soap. I am super impressed by the really true red color you were able to accomplish here.

Latest posts

Back