It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
SGS Smokey Mountain Christmas Tree, WSP's Peppermint Stick, and WSP's Sugared Spruce make for one very Christmas-y smelling house, lol.

The Smokey Mountain Christmas Tree is just in some green salt bars, nothing special to look at, and the Sugared Spruce won't be pretty untilit's cut, but the Peppermint Stick is pic-worthy in the mold:

DSC05944.jpg

I still can't make myself stop messing with swirls soon enough, I have to fuss with them and mess at least one spot up (upper left corner is the most obvious, lol) but it's getting easier with every batch. That FO smells soooo good, too, it's peppermint with just a tiny bit of sweetness, really nice.

You can't tell in the pic but there's a touch of burgundy mica in the swirl so it has just a little bit of shimmer to it.

Wow Tess that soap looks awesome.Great contrast,did you put mica in the base as well?It just looks extra white & sparkly & the burgundy swirls are a perfect combo with it. I know what you mean with swirls tho,I can never just STOP! :roll:

Thanks, guys. :) I love this FO, it's such a nice scent. The white portion of the soap is completely uncolored, I know it'll stay nice and white because it has a hefty percentage of lard in it.

very nice, do you put straight color on top or mixed with some soap batter, it looks very dark, nice!

Honor I mixed the colorant with a bit of batter, used Select Shades plus a bit of burgundy mica.

Latest posts

Back