It's been a while.. Few new soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433836473.232549.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433836508.055889.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433836534.159402.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433836553.743381.jpg

As always, a self confessed stamp addict, lol

Thanks for looking!

:)
It takes time to find yer own style... Me, i'm a self confessed stamp addict, lol

Thank u guys :) nice to see ya all again. The wedding was a lovely one.. Now still settling into married life, having a new puppy, and making soap. Busy.. But happy

I love how the last one on the first post looks like cut granite! They are all amazing.

Seven, do you have any tips on stamping? I tried to do some yesterday, not very successfully. I was using (admittedly) cheap acrylic/resin stamps - but made for soaps - with fairly soft soap, tried them by selves and then sprayed with alcohol, with mica and without. None of them imprinted very cleanly. What is the best time to stamp a soap?

Thank youuu all :) sorry can't like each post as i am using my phone.

As far as stamping, my fave one is wood. I usually do rt soaping with twice as much water from lye (2:1). I waited a day after unmolding before stamping (2 days max). If the soap gets too hard it will crack when you put pressure stamping it. With wood, just dip the stamp in mica, no need for alcohol first.

Elomar pasito from spain makes amazing stamps. Most of mine came from him. Worth the investment me thinks.

@not_ally btw, acrylic ones are supposed to be okay. I have a few too. Maybe yer soap was a bit too soft? It's a bit tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it. My first tries were those cheap rubber ones meant for paper, i still can't managed to get it right till now with those things sad, as they are cheap with so many cute designs.

Hi Seven!!! I'm so glad to see you back with beautiful soaps (as always!) Congratulations on the happy marriage and looking forward to many more lovely creations! :lol:

BTW, LOVE the antlered stamp in the first pic. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it? My hubby and his MANY hunting buddies would love that stamp.

Last edited:
Hi Krista, thank you :) it's nice to see the old faces still here. The stamp was from elomar pasito from spain. He makes AMAZING stamps!

Back