It's about time . . .

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
. . . that I introduce myself. I live in Indiana and have been CP soaping for over 20 years. My interest began with a Country Woman magazine article about a woman who made soap. I began searching the library for books, finding very few. Nevertheless, l read what I found and started making soap. Eventually l discovered Susan Miller Cavitch's books and found them helpful.

I've made soap for my family ever since I started and sell small amounts to friends - certainly not making money on it!

I've learned so much online, particularly right here on this forum. My most recent new thing is making salt bars. I've made 3 different scents and am finding it hard to wait to try them out =).

I understand .. I am the same way.( i love soap) cant help my self.
I normally try my soap after it hardens. my recipe allows for a solid bar in 12 h0urs that become rock hard as the week proceed. so i try the 12 hour mark then a day later. then i wait the full 6 weeks ;)

Welcome JT,

I see you have been with us for well over 2 years. If you'd like to join the chats and give others your wealth of experience, that would be great :).

Back