ISO Lavender Tea Tree EO blend recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosmerta

Reaction score
Just for fun I was opening the lids of my EO bottles and holding multiple to my nose at a time to try different combinations. I found I really like Lavender and Tea Tree together and I want to make a blend to use in a soap. Does anyone know what ratio I should use of each for a blend? Also how much of the blend to use ppo? Thank you in advance :)

I have used lavender/tea tree/lemongrass mix before, I just combined them 1:1:1, it smelled quite nice. So an equal combination may work for you too; or you can always add more of one if you don't quite like it.
I would check the max. safe usage rate of your EOs. I usually use them 3-5% (so about 0.5--0.8 oz / ppo).

I have used lavender/tea tree/lemongrass mix before, I just combined them 1:1:1, it smelled quite nice. So an equal combination may work for you too; or you can always add more of one if you don't quite like it.
I would check the max. safe usage rate of your EOs. I usually use them 3-5% (so about 0.5--0.8 oz / ppo).

Thanks :) I guess I will start with a 1:1 ratio and tweak it from there if I need to

The Revive blend at EOCalc.com includes lavender and tea tree, as well as peppermint and eucalyptus. It’s one of my favorites. The site offers many blends, you can search for blends that include the EOs you like, and the information on safe usage rate is provided for the blend used at different percentages.

Last edited:
The Revive blend at EOCalc.com includes lavender and tea tree, as well as peppermint and eucalyptus. It’s one of my favorites. The site offers many blends, you can search for blends that include the EOs you like, and the information on safe usage rate is provided for the blend used at different percentages.
Do you know if anyone has done a spread sheet on the EO Calc blends with reviews for each in different products?

Back