ISO authentic and natural smelling FOs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jibbian

Reaction score
Over the years, I've purchased an assortment* of FOs from Bramble Berry, and they always fall flat for me. Even when they smell pleasant, they never resemble the thing they're supposed to smell like. I love EOs, but they're awfully spendy. I'm wondering if you wise, experienced soapers have any particular resources for FOs that are a little less impressionistic and a little more literal. TYIA!

*Yuzu, Kumquat, White Tea & Ginger, Pink Grapefruit, Blueberry & Thyme, Green Fig (this one wasn't too bad!)

Brambleberry's Applejack Fragrance, English Rose Fragrance, Lilac Fragrance, and Baby Powder Fragrance are all very convincing.

I love some of the fragrances from Wholesale Supplies Plus, and their True Lilac smells true to me. I do notice that it's not uncommon for a fragrance to not quite smell correct out of bottle, and then correct to smelling true in soap. Of course, the opposite can also happen, so it would help to know what you are planning to use the fragrance for.

I love some of the fragrances from Wholesale Supplies Plus, and their True Lilac smells true to me. I do notice that it's not uncommon for a fragrance to not quite smell correct out of bottle, and then correct to smelling true in soap. Of course, the opposite can also happen, so it would help to know what you are planning to use the fragrance for.

Thank you for the tip! I'll have to give Wholesale Supplies Plus a try. I use FOs for cold process soap exclusively. I love citruses and fresh, bright scents.

Check the reviews of each fragrance oil before buying. That should help in deciding whether they are what you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back