Is this still good ? 2 years old

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artdude99

Reaction score
2C8ED40A-1BA1-4DAF-90AE-BD4FC28D3D7C.jpeg
I have several bottles of these that have been in a closed cabinet for about two years now

I hope they still are as I have 7 of them full :-0

I’ve recently used 2 year old fragrances with no issues. Give them a sniff and see if they smell right then give it a whirl. I’d be cautious about selling after using an old fragrance, just in case, but it shouldn’t be an issue for personal use

I have used fragrance oils far older than what you have in soap and haven't had any problem. I am not sure that they actually ever get too old to use as I've never heard of anyone having had a problem. I often think that suppliers put expiration dates on them just so that you will toss your inventory and buy new from them... but that's just me.

I only had one that had some sent morphing after 2 years. I actually liked it better and consider that the Scent had just "matured"

I have had to toss a peach scent and some "oceany" scent because they went WAY different than they were originally, but I've got hundreds that haven't changed a bit and I"d use them!

Latest posts

Back