Quantcast

Is this Normal?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Dana89

Reaction score
I made a discoloring Almond and Cherry batch about 2 weeks ago. I am doing the September challenge just for me.
Anyway I have only used 1 medium to dark brown discoloring FO before, (Dragon's Blood) and it turned brown all over pretty fast, but mine is turning brown in patches. Here is a pic and one of my puppy( EVY) again as requested.

IMG_20150921_150851.jpg

IMG_20150921_150329.jpg

not_ally

Reaction score
God, he is so cute. Nature knows how to go about doing things, how could you get mad at that face for a puddle :)?

ETA: sorry, got distracted by the cuteness. Re the DFO, mine have discolored at the same rate, but I don't think it is *abnormal* for them not to, I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of that.

Last edited:

Dana89

Reaction score
Evy is a sweetie! My god she has so much energy though, she gets way too hyper so I started taking her for walks everyday to burn off energy and this little pup goes 2 miles without slowing down! She is a Treeing Walker Coonhound, so she was bred to have energy and stamina. She will start acting out if she does not get her exercise. One of the reasons we adopted a dog was so I would feel safer while walk/jogging. (Walk/Jogging is when I jog until I am gasping for air then I start walking, its my own special routine:wink:.) I have lost 5 pounds since we got her and am getting fitter, she gives me no excuse for me to take a day off. Be careful what you ask for!

Ok about the soap, if it is going to darken this slowly it will be 4 months before I can give any away! I don't want to give anyone blotchy soap, and my mom is wanting it yesterday! She is a Cherry Almond fanatic.

not_ally

Reaction score
She makes me yearn for a puppie, even though I have two awesome dogs already and don't want to make them jealous. She really is heart-rendingly lovable. Sorry, didn't mean to derail, will only do soap posts now :)

Latest posts