Is this a member on SMF?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've spent many hours trying to revamp my label to conform to standards, and learned much along the way.
I find it annoying when others don't use the same standards...and I see it a lot as I'm browsing soap, more often in the last month or so.
However, I certainly wish I could be so clever with names and descriptions.

Coconut oil, Palm oil, safflower oil, glycerine, purified water, sodium hydroxide, sotbitol, sorbitan oleate, soy bean protein, coloring , fragrance
This is their black sheep...is it mp? If it is, that's a very expensive 8.95 imo for mp soap!

Yep, glygerine and sorbitol are sure signs of MP soap. Nothing wrong with MP, but I do expect it to be a little prettier or more artistic. I don't like when MP tries to look like CP.

Last edited:
Yep, glygerine and sorbitol are sure signs of MP soap. Nothing wrong with MP, but I do expect it to be a little prettier or more artistic. I don't like when MP tries to look like CP.

Mine isn't fancy, but I make mine so I feel I can make it look anyway I want.

That soap has serious style! Awesome imagination and great marketing. As for the labeling who has never had a question or problem with labeling? I'm sure they will get there.

Last edited:
Ah, this old chestnut - hey, let's all just ignore any laws that we don't want happen to agree with. What a utopia that would be................

http://ironline.american.edu/honoring-martin-luther-king-jr/ Civil disobedience can and has shaped our societies today. Some laws are best being rid of. I'm not saying disobeying label laws is the same as Gandhi, but it's something. But I'd imagine it's blissful ignorance and not civil disobedience is the reason most sellers aren't complying. Thanks for the reply though, you are one of my favorites Efficacious Gentlman - always around to share the other side. I mean that, no sarcasm involved. I think we could go back and forth forever and it's fun to me.

Welcome Whiskyriversoap! Those descriptions are absolutely hilarious!

Susie said:
I snorted my tea all over the computer on the "Selfies" one.

That particular one almost had me spewing out my protein drink, but thankfully, I was able to hold it in sufficiently. Whew! lol

IrishLass :)

Thanks Susie and IrishLass! We plan to release more styles at the end of this year. Glad you like our stuff!

-Whiskey River Soap

I love your witty marketing! Like others mentioned, you will want to check into adding information needed to be compliant, but I loved them.

These labels make me feel inadequate. My latest was "Cherry Cakes Soap." Boooorrrrrriiiiinnnngggg!

Back