Is this a fragrance issue?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your batter looks like it didn’t emulsify. I have a fragrance that causes this every time and when it happens I just stick blend for a few minutes, let it sit, and repeat until it eventually comes together. The FO doesn’t accelerate though, so I am able to wait for it to behave.

I poured it into the mold and now there is liquid sitting on the top of the soap. think I should pour it back into the bowl and stick blend more?

IMG_1999.JPG

ok, so I poured it into the bowl, stirred it because it was too thick now for the stick blender. Texture was like a rebatch. Once was all mixed together again I spooned it into the mold and was able to stack it high this time. Hopefully it will stay mixed in. I've never had this happen before so I'm just winging it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so I poured it into the bowl, stirred it because it was too thick now for the stick blender. Texture was like a rebatch. Once was all mixed together again I spooned it into the mold and was able to stack it high this time. Hopefully it will stay mixed in. I've never had this happen before so I'm just winging it.

If you find that doesn't work, and if you have a crock pot, you can toss it in and cook it until it comes together. (you may already know that since you seem familiar with rebatching)

If it is still blendable you could try that. If not, I think you should be able to hot process it. Hopefully someone will help you out there. I don’t HP, and haven’t had to try to rescue a batch that way. If you search the forum, you should find plenty of threads with advice since it doesn’t seem to be all that uncommon. Soap Queen has a tutorial as well, called hot process hero you could read.

Edit: I’m a slow typer on my iPad. Looks like you’ve already started trying something and also getting some help from others.

Looks like it riced and separated. As others suggested, a crock pot or a pot on low on the stove may work. I’ve had that happen with fragrance twice. Once I plopped in a pan on the stovetop and it did come together. Another time nothing worked.

I had this happen with rustic essentials white peach sangria...almost immediately induced and fully separated and no amount of beating it into submission with the stick blender or hot process hero helped. It was such a lost cause and to make it worse it was the first time my mom was seeing me make soap and not just see the final product :) luckily the next day we had a successful batch! I really wanted that scent to work and couldn't find much info on others experience with it in cp to see if they had similar results.
How's the soap doing now?

CC Oatmeal Stout does this to me every.time. You think I would have learned the first 4 times that I made it, right? The 5th and final time (finally used up all the FO) It looked just like yours. I let it sit for a day, and then split the log in half (it was a short 6" 1lb batch) and got as much of the oily mess on top into the crockpot on low for about 45 minutes. That's right, I didn't shred it or anything. I was that disgusted with it. It smoothed out in the crockpot and I was able to mold a fairly decent looking bar.

Latest posts

Back