Is this a bad batch or not

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickeyRat

Reaction score
I made 4 batches of soap last Thursday. I let one of the batches sit at trace for a minute or so while mixed and swirled colors which I do a lot. However, when I poured it in the mold, that batch was much thicker almost chunky on the bottom of the bowl than the top. When I unmolded it and cut it using a wire cutter, the cutter cut most of the bar normally but at the bottom bar (maybe a 1/16 inch) the cutter broke rather than cut the soap. That portion of the bars zapped slightly. No zap anywhere else. It stopped zapping by Monday but, I still have some misgivings. Is this a bad batch or not?

No, its not bad as long as its zap free.

If your soap is fairly thick while you are pouring, try stirring it some if it starts to clump up.

Sounds like you might be taking it too far into trace before you separate and color. It only needs to be emulsified before separating.

Thanks for the reply. I'm absolutely certain you're right about my mistake. I'm glad to know it's okay.

Latest posts

Back