1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Is There Such a Thing as Wholesale???

Discussion in 'Beginners Soap Making Forum' started by McLasz, Sep 10, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Sep 26, 2018 #21

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter

Agreed. If there's room in the refrigerator, it's better off there.

I suspect that some damage may be done to flavour components of the oil for consumption, and there's something niggling at the back of my mind about increasing or triggering oxidation (by freezing and thawing), but for the life of me I can't remember what the context of that was.

But for soaping? It might be a useful solution for bulk purchases. I'm going to have a closer look at the idea and see if I can find out a little more about the physical changes to the oil from freezing :)

2. Nov 8, 2018 #22

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

Yes, in the U.S. you can use a tax ID number to register with many wholesalers to purchase products used for re-sale. We used to own a restaurant and purchased from suppliers without having to pay tax until we later sold the food, passing the tax on to the buyer. Of course the caveat is that you cannot use any of the products purchased tax-free for personal home use unless you pay tax on that portion yourself. All you have to do is contact the suppliers and ask what is the process for purchasing as tax-exempt as a reseller and they will tell you what is required. As a re-seller we purchased from grocery stores (even small amounts was not a problem) in our local town, at Restaurant Supply stores and at Sam's Club, as well. Just about any large company should have processes in place to accommodate the tax-exempt purchase as long as you ask ahead of time and complete the proper forms for each supplier.

DeeAnna likes this.