Is there an SMF app?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have encountered some of the older threads that seem to refer to an SMF app or perhaps forum program that includes SMF. If that is still operable, I'd love to know more about that, and how to use it. Thanks!

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
No. Just go to your phone browser. Type in the address and then save to home screen. That will put an icon on your phone similar to an app icon. Then just click it and come to the full forum. This software is very mobile friendly.

violets2217

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s an “app” on my windows computer. I’m not sure where it came from or how it got there but I have a cute little bar of soap on my tool bar that takes me to SMF. I get notifications on my computer when a post I watch is updated & such... it’s pretty cool!

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
There’s an “app” on my windows computer. I’m not sure where it came from or how it got there but I have a cute little bar of soap on my tool bar that takes me to SMF. I get notifications on my computer when a post I watch is updated & such... it’s pretty cool!
Sounds like you saved it as a favorite or bookmarked it. That puts the website's icon on the toolbar for quick access.

I personally don't turn on direct notifications for anything except text messages, because I'm too ADD and will never get anything done. But when I log in to SMF, I can see the notifications by clicking the bell at the top of the page, and any messages in the envelope next to it.

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No. Just go to your phone browser. Type in the address and then save to home screen. That will put an icon on your phone similar to an app icon. Then just click it and come to the full forum. This software is very mobile friendly.
OMG! This trick also works on my ipad. thank you! ETA: but I’m not getting the page back option I get in my browser. If anyone has a tip for that, let me know.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Try putting it in landscape mode rather than portrait. More things show on landscape.

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My phone has a little soap icon and sends banner alerts when things I watch get updated. I also have the website on a tab in chrome (also on my phone) since sometimes whatever the icon is running on gets slow or gets funny about the lye calculator. Usually the tab in Chrome will still work if the icon doesn't.

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Try putting it in landscape mode rather than portrait. More things show on landscape.
I’m in landscape mode most of the time. I get the arrows that let me move through a thread, but I’m not getting the browser “back” arrow that I usually use. I just figured out that I can use the “breadcrumbs” just above the thread name to go up one level (into a forum) without having to go back to the list of forums. I can get to the full forum list using the tab at the top.

haha, but then I opened a photo and had no way to get out or close it!

Last edited:

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It does not exist and no app will link to this page.

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I opened a photo and had no way to get out or close it!
Try tapping on the top right corner? That's what I've ended up doing on my phone since hitting back when I have a photo open takes me all the way out of whatever thread I'm in.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
On chrome on android, there are 3 dots in the top right that drop down a menu. You can save to homescreen there. An Icon stays on your phones screen and it looks like an app. When you have that you can just click on it to come to SFM.