Is there a way of getting this specific design in a loaf of soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCorgi94

Reaction score
So I'm trying to figure out how to get a 2 colour design similar to this:
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 2.36.19 pm.png

I think my best bet at this point would be to fill the white up to the 2/3rd mark, then do 3 lines of the thick darker batter, before filling up the rest of the mold with the darker batter gently over the top.

What I'm asking is, could this work? Are there better methods/techniques I could implore? Is there something I haven't taken into account that I probably should?

I think your original idea would work marvelously. It will take some practice to find exactly how thick the trace is for the bottom part before you start pouring the top, then pour from higher to get deeper black parts. I would then allow the black fingers and white part to set up a bit before topping off with some black so you can get an absolutely smooth top, as any texture or swirl on the top would detract from the stark contrast. So, I would basically make this a three layer soap using two colors. Please post pictures?

I agree that your idea for the technique sounds good. And you are right...it’s just going to take trial and error to get the consistency of the batter just right to get the drop swirl like you want it. No other way to achieve that other than practice but practice is fun and still makes good soap!

have you tried it yet? I'm curious and am going to watch the video but just thought of finding something thicker to push the black into the white then pouring more black on top??? Or after separating the two batches a thicker white trace before pouring make the indentations in the white then pour the black on top. good luck! Off to watch the rec'd video now! hope it works out for you....OR whatever you come up with is pleasing to YOUR eye!:thumbs:

have you tried it yet? I'm curious and am going to watch the video but just thought of finding something thicker to push the black into the white then pouring more black on top??? good luck! Off to watch the rec'd video now! hope it works out for you....OR whatever you come up with is pleasing to YOUR eye!:thumbs:

Ohh it'll be quite a while before I'm able to give it a shot lol. I'm just waiting for some fragrance oils to come through to match the aesthetic of what I'm going for and unfortunately it's takin its sweet time 😩

Thank you to everyone for the feedback!! And I'll absolutely be posting photos ;D

Teri of TreeMarie Soapworks has some that are similar to this, although usually tri-color or more. Take a look at some of her videos as she lays down lines of the contrast soap in the base soap. It doesn’t sound like it would give that effect, but it does. Plus, any excuse to watch a good YT soaper, right? 😉

I second the I Dream in Soap channel. Definitely subscribe to Lisa as her content is extremely helpful and she tackles a lot of the techniques that are harder to find good tutorials for. 😊

Ohh it'll be quite a while before I'm able to give it a shot lol. I'm just waiting for some fragrance oils to come through to match the aesthetic of what I'm going for and unfortunately it's takin its sweet time 😩

Thank you to everyone for the feedback!! And I'll absolutely be posting photos ;D
we'll hold you to that promise of posting as we're all rooting for you and curious! LOL:hippo:

Back