Quantcast

Is there a soap calc for cream soap that does percentages?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Zenobiah

Reaction score
After reading this I started to want to make cream soap. Maybe I can even make it into hand soap. Or shampoo.

But I can't find a soap calc that will allow me to do percentages for cream soap as it uses BOTH NaOH and KOH.

Any linky's will be gratefully accepted.

Zenobiah

Reaction score
Thanks, faithy, but that one doesn't use percentages and I am not good enough at figuring those out on my own just yet. I guess I will just have to read up on it more until I can make my own recipe.

G

Can you use two lye calculators?

The first link i gave to figure out your % only and then when your happy with the numbers move all your info to the second calculator to figure out your KOH and NaOH ???

I use the top calculator to figure out % on other products that I make that are not soap related at all just to get the % numbers and the amounts.

just a thought......

Zenobiah

Reaction score
Yeah, I should probably do that. Now that I think about it, what I need is to find the percentages of soft oils versus hard oils. The snowdrift page doesn't give that, it only gives specific recipes and being an "individualist" (read stubborn) I want to make my own recipes like I do with CP. I just don't know what INS value to shoot for for whipped cream soap.

Any input?

Lane

Reaction score
Zenobiah said:
Is is the same as with bar soap? Won't that make it too hard?
I always try to shoot for 150 (tho I am sitting at 148 with my current recipe...) The range is 145-165. Although I am not sure about cream soap...