Is there a non-discoloring vanilla that works?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise Taylor

Reaction score
Hi there :)
I have read several threads about vanilla, embracing the brown, using VS, or TD. I am in Europe so dont have access to several of the mentioned suppliers.
I have tried using a VS with regular vanilla FO, it turned brown after 8 weeks. I have tried a ‘white’ vanilla from Manske that promises not to go brown, 4 weeks in and it has already started to turn. I can see that The Soap Kitchen has 2, a regular non-discoloring and a super non-discoloring, no review on either of them. I would order and try but the postage to France, even for tiny samples, is huge.
So, has anyone tried them and do they work?
many thanks :)

Attachments

• 08CC979A-982A-4B55-B0C9-90B3D9AA0A47.jpeg
    08CC979A-982A-4B55-B0C9-90B3D9AA0A47.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
I have not tried them, but it is my understanding that soaps with the VS turn brown eventually. If I want color with a discoloring FO, I leave some of the batter unscented and color that part. It works for me:)

@Louise Taylor's original question was about non-discoloring vanilla fragrances:

"I can see that The Soap Kitchen has 2, a regular non-discoloring and a super non-discoloring, no review on either of them. I would order and try but the postage to France, even for tiny samples, is huge. So, has anyone tried them and do they work?"

I am also interested in the answer to that and would love to hear from someone who has tried any of the non-discoloring vanillas.

ETA: I have purchased the BCN vanilla stabilizer based on great reviews here on SMF, and will definitely be trying that. However, a non-discoloring vanilla sounds great, too.

Last edited:
Back