Quantcast

Is there a non-discoloring vanilla that works?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Louise Taylor

Reaction score
Hi there :)
I have read several threads about vanilla, embracing the brown, using VS, or TD. I am in Europe so dont have access to several of the mentioned suppliers.
I have tried using a VS with regular vanilla FO, it turned brown after 8 weeks. I have tried a ‘white’ vanilla from Manske that promises not to go brown, 4 weeks in and it has already started to turn. I can see that The Soap Kitchen has 2, a regular non-discoloring and a super non-discoloring, no review on either of them. I would order and try but the postage to France, even for tiny samples, is huge.
So, has anyone tried them and do they work?
many thanks :)

Attachments

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this, but will be very interested to hear if anyone else has tried it, and what results they got. Please update the post if you try it!

Rsapienza

Reaction score
I have not tried them, but it is my understanding that soaps with the VS turn brown eventually. If I want color with a discoloring FO, I leave some of the batter unscented and color that part. It works for me:)

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@Louise Taylor's original question was about non-discoloring vanilla fragrances:

"I can see that The Soap Kitchen has 2, a regular non-discoloring and a super non-discoloring, no review on either of them. I would order and try but the postage to France, even for tiny samples, is huge. So, has anyone tried them and do they work?"

I am also interested in the answer to that and would love to hear from someone who has tried any of the non-discoloring vanillas.

ETA: I have purchased the BCN vanilla stabilizer based on great reviews here on SMF, and will definitely be trying that. However, a non-discoloring vanilla sounds great, too.

Last edited:

Latest posts