Is There A Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Is there a fragrance you can't stand to smell or like making that you carry because your customers seem to love it?

Is it just me?

I cant stand this Karma EO mix from Brambleberry but when I gave it out, they want more..

*crying here* WHAAAAAAA

No, if I don't like it, I don't carry it. Strong florals give me & my hubby a headache so I won't keep them around, gardenia, magnoia, rose, lilac.... Child makes me ill for days!!!

Sweet florals are fine like sweet pea, plumeria, freesia, even tulip and lavender.

Tabitha said:
No, if I don't like it, I don't carry it. Strong florals give me & my hubby a headache so I won't keep them around, gardenia, magnoia, rose, lilac.... Child makes me ill for days!!!

Sweet florals are fine like sweet pea, plumeria, freesia, even tulip and lavender.

LOL, I can probably deal with a sweet pea and plumeria.. but I agree.. Im not a floral fan either "YUK" when everyone discovered that oil ...
what is it.. that smells like floral without adding fragrance?

Anyway.. i dont like that either... ewwwww.. so not for me!

I hate lavender and vanilla - i refuse to make them alone, but don't mind them as much if they are blended with another scent

im not too much a lavender fan either... vanilla.. if its combined with something.. like a sugar scent... chocolate.. sandlewood..

A while back, I had a 4 ounce bottle of hemp seed oil I got. I used it to make lotions & creams, but did a recipe with it to make CP soap. I was selling a bar of this soap to a mid 50's lady who looked , shall we say, "free spirited!" She asked about the hemp oil, and I explained that it does not have the THC in it. Then she asked if I could make he a log of soap using a larger % of hemp seed oil and marijuana scented FO. I found the FO online, ordered a 4 ounce bottle and made her a log of that soap. The rest is history, I have a repeat customer every few months! Isn't that a hoot? 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ETA: WOW man! :shock:

Paul.... :wink:

Hey where you get that fragrance from.. i bet I can probably sell alot of that too out this way :lol:

smellitlikeitis said:
Hey where you get that fragrance from.. i bet I can probably sell alot of that too out this way :lol:

I bet you can! Now I'm not saying HOW I know what it smells like, but it is a dead on dupe, of that organic earthy scent! :D Ya know what I mean? LOL I'll find out the supplier.
:D :)

ETA: Here is one source. It is not where I bought it. I bought if from a soap or FO supplier, but cant remember yet, it will come to me though, as I never inhaled! :oops: LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-OZ-MARIJUANA-pot- ... dZViewItem

Paul....

Oh my Gosh Soapmaker Man but that is too Funny! :lol:

Just hope you don't get pulled over while you have some in your car and they turn the dope sniffing dogs loose on your car...hahahaha. They'd probably be really confused doggys! :D

That is not where I bought it. I Googled that. Yea, that is starting bid, but for .01 PLUS Shipping of over $4.00 for 1 ounce, kinda high actually! I think it was From Nature With Love or A Garden Eastward that I got it from, continuing to research. Oh, that customer was in FL, and since moving, even though I gave her my number, have not heard from her. Perhaps she went on a cruise or to the airport and the dogs "smelled" something funny. The rest may be history! LOl

I am so ordering it! LOL!
I am getting a sample first to test it..

If its good I will have it on special to see how it does...

I am going to name it..

"Mary & Jane Mellow" LMAO!

smellitlikeitis said:
I am so ordering it! LOL!
I am getting a sample first to test it..

If its good I will have it on special to see how it does...

I am going to name it..

"Mary & Jane Mellow" LMAO!

That is a hoot S! :lol: :lol: Perfect name, perfect scent!
I ordered the first one, not the second! I corrected my statement. The second one is NOT body safe, only the first. :wink:

so do you know what the second one smell like?

I think I am going to order both and compare...

I am going to only make it in soap.

After reading the description again, I'm pretty sure it was the first one since the second is only candle safe. They must have reformulated the first one, and thus is more expensive, because it is B&B safe. I'm going to order another 4 ounces tonight of the first FO too. :)

ETA: This would be a good fall scent for the swap! LOl Anyone........ :wink:

Back