Is SoapCalc.net down or is it just my device?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is SoapCalc down for you? (2/29/20)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Is SoapCalc.net down for anyone else? Or is it just me? (2/29/20)

It's killing me. I have so many ideas and formulas that I want to work through, but can't. Other calculators don't include all of the oils I've been experimenting with.

I am new to soap making. I was using SoapCalc like so many of you. I too found it down for the last 3 days. I looked around online and SoapMaker Free. It seemed a bit complicated at first but it blew me away what it could do. It not only can help you create soap formulas but it accounts for so many other things, such as specific gravity and ingredient pricing.
I found out that specific gravity is important when you substitute, lets say, milk for water. Water has a specific gravity of 1 and goats milk 1.03 and 2% cows milk 1.04 ….These might seem insignificant at first but they help you tweak your formula so you can get a better soap product. I am quite impressed with SoapMaker Free. There are two other paid versions of this calculator.... The Pro version and the Lite version. I may someday in the future decide to purchase one of those if I find I can't live without some of their features. Check it out. You just might like it..

Oh! One of the things I failed to mention in my last thread was: SoapMaker Free is a Downloadable program. Which means you don't have to depend on it being up online, unlike you have to for SoapCalc. This to me is a extra bonus that comes with your downloadable FREE version of the program. Did I mention its also FREE in the FREE Version? lol

Oh! One of the things I failed to mention in my last thread was: SoapMaker Free is a Downloadable program. Which means you don't have to depend on it being up online, unlike you have to for SoapCalc. This to me is a extra bonus that comes with your downloadable FREE version of the program. Did I mention its also FREE in the FREE Version? lol

Hi, I have tried to download the program, but is only available for computers running on windows! Not good, as I have a Mac! :)

I am going to point out that every soapmaker needs to learn to manually do calculations and not have to depend on calculators. It is not difficult. As fantastic as SoapMakers Friend is it is still somewhat a new calculator with a few glitches. I admit I use SMF mainly because I am lazy and also like the printout format but I do not depend on the numbers for the additives and liquid requirements.

I am new to soap making. I was using SoapCalc like so many of you. I too found it down for the last 3 days. I looked around online and SoapMaker Free. It seemed a bit complicated at first but it blew me away what it could do. It not only can help you create soap formulas but it accounts for so many other things, such as specific gravity and ingredient pricing.
I found out that specific gravity is important when you substitute, lets say, milk for water. Water has a specific gravity of 1 and goats milk 1.03 and 2% cows milk 1.04 ….These might seem insignificant at first but they help you tweak your formula so you can get a better soap product. I am quite impressed with SoapMaker Free. There are two other paid versions of this calculator.... The Pro version and the Lite version. I may someday in the future decide to purchase one of those if I find I can't live without some of their features. Check it out. You just might like it..
Try www.soapmakingfriend.com

Back