Is saran wrap needed?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewDM

Reaction score
Is it necessary to saran wrap soaps if you are going to sell them on etsy or at farmers markets? What is the purpose of saran wrapping the soap?

You don't have to totally wrap your soap. If you search there are many options for wrapping soap. There are cigar bands, shrink wrap, shrink wrap bands and many other artistic ways to wrap your soap. I know some have used saran wrap I've not tried that. M&P soaps do need to be completely wrapped but CP and HP do not.

Are you wrapping them to sell or for personal use? How long are you curing them for?

I would think saran wrap would actually do more harm, especially if they are not fully cured - there would be no where for the water to go!
Although I'm just speculating... I guess I could experiment on my latest batches, but I'm too stingy :D

I typically wait until the last minute before wrapping it.
For me I like a 1.25 inch wide band around the soap, and then I put a label on it.
It takes a lot less time compared to other wrapping methods and paper is biodegradeable (compared to plastic saran wrap) so there's that as well!

M&P needs to be fully wrapped and saran works well. I find many customers at my farmer's market prefer fully wrapped soap and many of my customers tell me they would not consider purchasing an unwrapped bar of soap. I shrink wrap my cp in thin shrink wrap bags from Papermart

Latest posts

Back