Is It possible to maintain thin traced soap in a 7+ lb mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luebella

Reaction score
I usually use 2 pound molds. I just did my first 7.5lb loaf today. By the time I mixed in all of the dispersed colors and fragrance the soap was at a medium thick trace. It just kept getting thicker and thicker as I pathetically tried to swirl pour. I did use 1tsp sodium lactate ppo though. Are any of you able to maintain light trace in larger batches? What's the secret? :p

I normally make 5 lbs batch, will probably make a doubble (ie 10 lbs) soon. I use castor free recipe, no sugars added, i soap at room temperature, no accelerating FOs. SB in very very short intervals (and very few of them too), mix by hand with a whisk. It can be done.

I make a12 lb batch and the catch is to use a slow moving recipe, soap as cool as possible and to only mix to emulsion. Have everything and move as steady as you can.

Great! What is a good cool temp to soap at? The hardest component in my recipe is 76 coconut and shea butter
Mazi what is sb

Last edited by a moderator:
Back