Is it possible to force gel on ungelled/partially gelled soap that has cooled?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aihrat

Gently gently
Reaction score
Hello! Has anyone successfully CPOP'd or otherwise forced gel on soap that's already cooled down? If so, what are the conditions needed for this?

Yes, you can put your mold in a 225 degree oven for 30-60 minutes, checking it every now and then to see if it has gelled to the edges. If you hava silicone mold, be aware that it can get hot so I often will put those into a pan of pre-heated water (a bain marie) to avoid the bubbles that can form on the sides.

I've never done it, but I did see a youtube video where someone put cut soap back in the oven and gently warmed it to get rid of a partial gel ring. I'll see if I can find it.

Yes, you can put your mold in a 225 degree oven for 30-60 minutes, checking it every now and then to see if it has gelled to the edges. If you hava silicone mold, be aware that it can get hot so I often will put those into a pan of pre-heated water (a bain marie) to avoid the bubbles that can form on the sides.

thank you so much! this will be really useful for a project i'd like to do. i'm glad to hear it will work :) i am definitely planning to do this with silicone moulds so i appreciate the tip for that as well. hopefully a water discount can help with the silicone rash...

I've never done it, but I did see a youtube video where someone put cut soap back in the oven and gently warmed it to get rid of a partial gel ring. I'll see if I can find it.
that's great news, thank you!

Latest posts

Back