Is it me....FO suppliers not very customer friendly

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just in that kind of mood. Still trying to get over WSP's big increase in prices. Now I go to Soapalooza, have not used them since they were, what was it, Southern Soapers? Anyway, I remembered that in their new incarnation they have a flat shipping rate of $9.95, so I'm thinking I can save a bit there. I start looking at the FOs, and many of the ones I'm interested in are offered at 1 oz and 4oz, and then bulk sizes, no 8oz, no 16oz. Most of the 4oz sizes are around $10. So if I wanted a pound of one of them, it would be $40. Are they crazy? Am I crazy?

I have just a handful of suppliers that I buy FOs from. I've tried many more, but FOs are expensive, as we all know, and I'm really careful about quality. I've tried some bargain suppliers, and have not been happy with the results. I don't mind paying a bit more for good FOs, but I don't want to feel like I'm being ripped off either. It seems like more and more of the quality FO suppliers are becoming less and less customer friendly. Or is it me?

Unfortunately Kelly Bloom branched out into real estate - so her FO business is now a side project. She breaks fewer of her bulk containers down into the smaller sizes. It makes me sad - but I can't blame her for wanting to try and get into something she has always been interested in. At least she is keeping the business going and not closing shop that some other FO places have.

Make sure to subscribe to mailing lists. Don't buy your FOs in dribs and drabs. Keep an eye out for sales. Try to find a local buddy you can split orders with. I have one and whenever I place an order, I let her know, and vice versa. So if I need a little smidge of something but don't want a whole order, when she is ordering a bunch I can piggyback on her order. Plus we buy FOs in larger quantities and then split them.

Fragrance Laboratory fragrances are exactly the same as Soapalooza and they do offer more selection in sizes. I met the owner...they are identical.

They are where I get my Lime Basil Mandarin. It took 4 weeks for me to get my order and that was only after I contacted them. They have taken quite a bit of time each time I've ordered. So, keep that in mind.

Their Sweet Pea Rhubarb smells good OOB but haven't soaped with it yet. A lot of their FO's are out of stock as well.

Last edited:
FL's Coconut Fusion is great and it sticks very well. It smells like vanilla and coconut. I also love their Buttermilk & Honey which is a great sticker, but they are out of stock right now.

Latest posts

Back