*&*$%! Is it just me?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
Or why is it that the PK oil that you buy is a solid in a liquid-type gallon jug? How the hell do you get it out without heating the entire thing up? Sure wish I had a hot tub now!

K-thanks. :)

whats the temp where you reside??? yeahhh...hot bath sounds like the best bet lol... weird though, this isnt the first ive heard of this

It showed up that way after sitting all day on the hot UPS truck. I bought it a while ago, and keep wanting to try it, but just keep putting it aside because it is solid as a rock. I bought babassu, which is hard, but not like that! That liquifies quickly in the sun or a bit in the sink with warm water.

Your's is not like that??? I don't like the idea of regular PK, anyway. Can't wait for winter, when it is below zero here. :lol:

well the stories i ve heard werent directly from me, never used it before personally but i ve heard of people with similar issues...

who did you order it from?

I really don't want to use PK, but thought I should try it. I ordered it from Soapers Choice.

I found my true love in coconut oil, so I've never tried the PKO...don't know if I want to now. Hmmmm..

This is what I do for pesky situations like this: I take the plastic bottle and slit it open from top to bottom with a box cutter, then I transfer the hard oil to gallon zip lock bags or Rubbermaid containers and store in the fridge. I had to this when I ordered Babassu from Soapers Choice once.

I personally love PKO and have been using it a lot in my soaps lately.

IrishLass :)

SimplyE - I feel your frustration!! Been there, cursed it with the same words. :lol: :lol:

Same as Irishlass, I slit the bottle, chunked it out and put in another container.

Digit

Thanks for the "sympathy"! What a royal pain in the a*$! Thanks for your tips. Was thinking about repackaging myself. What a waste of a container/packaging! :roll:

Latest posts

Back