Is it impolite to apply to a farmer's market that already has a soap seller?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be a contemporary of Dale Chihuly, yes? He's in Washington state as well, I think. Did you know each other in your early days as a glass artist? Do tell. :nodding:
Not sure I'd characterize us as Contemporaries. I never heard of Chihuly when I took my first class in glass sculpture. Among the artists in the class were some vocal critics of both his work and how he treated the people that worked for him. That conversation led to the name of my business. After hearing how he treated folks I said Chihuly can "Kiss My Glass" and the rest as they say is history.

It's up to the market. If they have more than one spot for soap sellers, I would apply. If you don't someone else will fill that spot. Also do you sell something other than soap that the other vendor does not? We sell body butter and syndet shampoo bars. My soap style is pretty distinct from everyone else at our market. Also 2 of the 4 of us are from out of town. I was approved even with 3 other bath and body vendors for all of these reasons.

Latest posts

Back