Irish Spring fit for a slab...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, made a double batch. To test my slab mold. 2 Loafs only lined 1 mold. Work's for me. 😉
Used Irish Spring from New York scents. Evergreen mica from bramble berry. Oil based TD. Goat milk powder. Simple hanger swirl.

20210817_165649.jpg
Thanks for looking.

Those are nice! What are your slab mold dimensions? I have a small one--the 6" square one, and I can not figure out how to cut it so I like the bar size and shape. :( But yours look really good. :thumbs:

It was 6(W)x10(L)x4(H) inches. I figured (W x L x H x .4) the oil weight for 3 inches of height. gave me 2 3x3x10 inch loafs. For 16, 1.25 inch thick bars, no end cuts. hope this helps.

That Irish Springs FO- Does it smell close enough to the actual scent in the finished bars? I have a sample I haven't had the chance to use but OOB, I'm a believer.

Having fun with scents from my past.... a little (milder/mellower) in the finished soap. But still pretty close. Beware, I want to say mine riced a little. Not sure of your supplier, your mileage may vary. thanks

I have used a few scents from New York Scents and have had mixed results. They all smelled fantastic but a couple did not behave well. They have great prices and their selection is growing pretty fast but not enough customer reviews to really know what will happen when using them.

Latest posts

Back