Irish Sea Moss Gel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
This link takes you to several YouTube videos to learn how to make Irish Sea Moss Gel. There's some interesting information on what it does for skin and how to use it to make other (edible) recipes. It does not, however, have information on using it in soap. I've not tried it (yet) but I imagine you would use it for all or part of the liquid in your lye solution. If used as an additive, I would deduct the weight of the amount of gel used from the amount of water used to make the lye solution.

HOW TO MAKE IRISH SEA MOSS GEL

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+make+irish+sea+moss+gel

Last edited:
Yeah I've made many different products out of sea moss. Gel, soap, powder, pills, face mask etc. I'd say soap is the hardest to make, but as long as you soak your sea moss extra long and use good quality sea moss, then you'll be fine.
Honestly, I prefer to buy my sea moss soaps and sea moss gel rather than making it, but I do buy dried sea moss to make powder. It's just too much of a process lol.

Last edited:
Yeah I've made many different products out of sea moss.
WOW! I've been on many forums and soap groups since 2004 and you're the first person I've ever met who actually made soap with sea moss. I hope you hang around and share your experience. :videovisit:

WOW! I've been on many forums and soap groups since 2004 and you're the first person I've ever met who actually made soap with sea moss. I hope you hang around and share your experience. :videovisit:
I will! Not many resources online to find how to do it, but its possible!

Latest posts

Back