Irish Coffee cp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherglen

Reaction score
This is my first coffee soap, and I'm in love!! I used brewed coffee, grounds, and also my first time using sweet almond oil. Turned out wonderful, so definitely a keeper!

I used an Irish Cream fo and Coffee and Cream fo, only smell the Irish Cream, so I will probably just leave the coffee fo out next time. I also tried to swirl in some touches of light green, most of that disappeared after curing, so I don't think I'll bother next time.

DSC04990.jpg

I am curious about the fragrance.
Is it a sweet smell? Do you smell coffee in it?
It is very pretty.

It has a very light smell, almost identical to Irish Cream. I don't usually like that scent in soap, but it's so light even I don't mind it. The coffee leaves no scent after curing, and the Coffee and Cream fo I used faded completely. The scent is really sweet, with no coffee.

What surprised me the most was how well it works for eliminating odor! I had heard that about coffee, but wasn't sure if it would survive saponification. Maybe it's the grounds, but whatever it is, it passed my onion and garlic test! :-D

Last edited:
Love the tops! Does Irish Cream smell like coffee too?

No, it doesn't. It has a sweet, creamy scent, with just a slight hint of alcohol (whisky?). I tried some coffee fo with it, but it faded. I think I might actually like it better without it! :)

Latest posts

Back