introduction

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsoap

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie from the East Coast. Anybody from the east coast? I have a million questions, but my first two are: Does anybody have a supplier that is not in the mid west? The shipping charges are crazy. Secondly, I have fallen madely in love with shea butter. I have made three or four batches of body butter and I finally like the consistency, but I think it is a little bit to oily. Is there anything that can be added to avoid such greasiness. I am using 70%,28% oil, and 2% cornstarch. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading some of the posts and this site is great.

Thanks,

jsoap

Welcome to a great community!

Suggestion: You might wanna post your soaping questions, on the soap forum, because it might get missed by a lot of folks, on the "introduction" board — AND helpful replies (that will be beneficial to others as well) will get missed too.

Welcome! There is a thread somewhere w/ a list of suppliers by state. I will look for it later today if you have not already forund it.

Hi Jsoap, Welcome! This is a wonderful board. You will love it. If you use a lot of shea butter the place to get it is http://www.soaperschoice.com/ I buy my shea butter and repackage in bags and put in the fridge or freezer. It runs 36.00 for a 10lb box and its wonderful. He has more than just one type of shea butter also. Mike is so helpful if you have questions. I also buy my mango and cocoa butter from him too. Shipping is high from anywhere. If you need other things try and find a site that carries most of what you need so it will help with the shipping. :) Judy

Thank you everyone for your welcome. I will check out the suggestions. Enjoy your weekend!

Latest posts

Back