Introduction: Greetings from NH

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leilaninoel

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Leilani, I hail from NH. My first batch of soap I made almost a decade ago for Christmas presents, because I was too broke to buy people anything. It went over reasonably well (most people wouldn't actually try it, but they said it was nice) - I got my recipe from MillerSoap.com at the time.

Last year I was broke again, and remembered the soap idea, so I started getting back into it. This time when people finally tried the soap (my own moter took 6 months) they actually LOVED it, and started requesting more. So I've been getting back into it.

So far I've lost count of how many actual batches I've made, but I was excited to find some inspiration on this forum - I had never heard of a salt bar! I made one two days ago and it's curing now.

Anyway, I figured since I had gotten some inspiration, I should stop lurking and actually writing a post, instead of just being a creepster.

Hi LenaRenee

I'm currently out of Manchester ("ManchVegas" for those who know the area). The more beautiful areas are further north.

The Man in the Mountain is still on our license plates, at least. :) But yeah, not quite the same. His face had been in falling off for decades, though. They kept it on there pretty good for quite a while.

I lived around Gilford as a kid. We went every few years to see Mt. Washington, Franconia Notch, Indian head and all that. But my favorite place in the world was my grandmother's backyard - pine mountain, raspberry patch and a real babbling brook!

Blah. I'm stuck here in very dry, very brown southern California.

It's way past time I go back for a long vacation!

Hi LenaRenee

The Man in the Mountain is still on our license plates, at least. :) But yeah, not quite the same. His face had been in falling off for decades, though. They kept it on there pretty good for quite a while.

Oh, that's so sad to hear! I grew up in Massachusetts and I remember taking family trips up to N.H. to visit the Old Man in the Mountain. The last time I was up there was in the autumn of 1988 and he was still looking good.

IrishLass :)

Hi Leilani! I have been looking at homemade soaps for a few years, but didn't actually start until a few months ago when I was trying to figure out a cheap way to give Christmas gifts to my 5 siblings. I learned 3 things pretty quick:

1. It's a lot more intricate than I thought it would be (recipes...who knew!)
2. It's a lot more expensive than I thought it would be (there goes the cheap gift idea!).
3. I LOVE IT (and suddenly have a LOT more soap than the gifts require...and I have so many plans for future batches!)

Look forward to reading your future posts!

Latest posts

Back