introduction from Michigan

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickgould

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Vickie Gould and I just became a member yesterday. I started making lotions/massage oil, etc when I was diagnosed with arthritis and potentially lupus a couple months ago. I hate using "unnatural" ingredients and have been on a homeopathic route for a while now, so it was natural for me to start doing this to help others with my same health issues.

I would love to find some Michigan suppliers because shipping is a killer. If anyone knows of suppliers in the Flint/Detroit area, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks!
Vickie

Hi Vickie,

Unfortunately, there are not many Michigan suppliers that are rated up there in quality with other suppliers.

As you get into this, you'll find "so-and-so" has a good blueberry FO, but "so-and-so" doesn't (using blueberry as an example). one supplier may have the best of one FO and the worst of the next FO. i suggest checking out soapscentreviewboard, where you'll find reviews of all the suppliers out there by our peers.

As far as base oils, what you can't get at your local food store, or cash-and-carry restaurant supply, you can get at columbus food's website for a good price. you may pay for shipping, but you won't beat their price in our area. you can get 50 pounds of palm oil for about 65 shipped, and the same with coconut oil. i checked at gordon food supply, and they wanted 75 and i would have had to pick it up at the store.

Welcome, Vicki!

I don't know about suppliers in the Michigan area, but I want to say that I know someone who gets a 7th Day Adventist catalog from somewhere in Michigan, and she can get base oils through them. Can't be sure that it's in Michigan, but you could at least Google that.

Latest posts

Back