Introducing Zoolander

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
The blue Steel didn't work exactly like I wanted but I like it.

On the magnum I couldn't get the temperature hot enough to where I like it for gelling and you can see the outer edge didn't gell.

How many of you get the movie reference?

Attachments

• AddText_11-07-10.42.14_compress6.jpg
    AddText_11-07-10.42.14_compress6.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 41
  • AddText_11-08-09.17.58_compress89.jpg
    AddText_11-08-09.17.58_compress89.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 44
I got the movie reference even though I've only watched it once. BOTH soaps turned out nice.

I got the movie reference even though I've only watched it once. BOTH soaps turned out nice.
Thanks. I am still not getting exactly what I want from my head to soap and I am disappointed with the ring around the magnum soap. Hopefully I can trim the edges later to fix it.

Thanks. I am still not getting exactly what I want from my head to soap and I am disappointed with the ring around the magnum soap. Hopefully I can trim the edges later to fix it.

I didn't even see the ring until you mentioned it.

I think you're doing very well all-in-all, but I get where you are coming from. My donation box is filled with soaps that didn't make it from my brain to the bathroom as it were. One of these days, I'll post pictures of the good, the bad and the downright ugly. I've got a lot of the latter two...enough to make everyone to feel good about their own creations. LOL

When I had a soap unmold with a rind like that, the whole soap eventually darkened to match the rind.

That's not a gelling effect. That's an FO discoloring effect. What FO did you use? Was this one of your soaps in the experimental FO trials?

BTW, I adore your swirls.

That's not a gelling effect. That's an FO discoloring effect. What FO did you use? Was this one of your soaps in the experimental FO trials?

BTW, I adore your swirls.
Thanks for the compliment. This was not part of my VCS trial and yes it is probably because of the FO.

The FO doesn't have any vanillin and only mentions a slight tanning color. I didn't use any VCS and so far that is the only discoloring it has done.

Back