Introducing myself

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hinata

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently discovered the infinite possibilities of soapmaking and have been obsessed ever since. I have been snooping around this forum for quite some time reading advice and wisdom from my fellow soap makers. I decided to make an account so that I can further be enabled!

I live in NYC and work as a health care provider. I would like to relocate to SF eventually but the thought of relocating is such a big stresser since I have to apply to get a new state license and the hassle of relocation is just so daunting!

I make soap as a hobby. I prefer cold processed soap over hot processed but would consider making hot process if I have a reason to. So far, I’ve made activated charcoal soap, Loofah embedded soaps, salt soaps (love it!), gentle Castile with oatmeal, etc. My extra bedroom is started to look like a soap hoarder with all my boxes and boxes of cured soaps!

I look forward to meeting everyone. I think it will be a lot of fun learning and inspiring each other with our newest creations. I will post up pics of some of my soaps soon!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, I am pretty new here also, not so much to soapmaking. What got you started making soap and how can you find time right now, your career must be very demanding! I look forward to photos and more posts.

Hello everyone,

I recently discovered the infinite possibilities of soapmaking and have been obsessed ever since. I have been snooping around this forum for quite some time reading advice and wisdom from my fellow soap makers. I decided to make an account so that I can further be enabled!

I live in NYC and work as a health care provider. I would like to relocate to SF eventually but the thought of relocating is such a big stresser since I have to apply to get a new state license and the hassle of relocation is just so daunting!

I make soap as a hobby. I prefer cold processed soap over hot processed but would consider making hot process if I have a reason to. So far, I’ve made activated charcoal soap, Loofah embedded soaps, salt soaps (love it!), gentle Castile with oatmeal, etc. My extra bedroom is started to look like a soap hoarder with all my boxes and boxes of cured soaps!

I look forward to meeting everyone. I think it will be a lot of fun learning and inspiring each other with our newest creations. I will post up pics of some of my soaps soon!
Well, welcome aboard. Just don't step on the soap, its slippery in here. LOL

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome—- and disclaimer from Raymond. :lol:

Work has been crazy. I have seen chest X-rays with soo much inflammation in the lungs from COVID it’s really intense. Not all the strains are equally pathogenic. I know diabetics don’t do as well.... but we all should make healthy lifestyle choices of eating healthy foods so our immune system don’t get overwhelmed when outbreaks like this happens. The influenza and coronavirus will be back around next year again.

Just making prayers we all survive this wave.

Latest posts

Back