Intro: Zany in CO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Hello all and thank you, Angie, for inviting me to join this group. I'm delighted to be here! I see a few familiar names and I'm especially happy to see a few fellow lardos and tallowers! HUG HUG

My name is Cee Moorhead, I live in Colorado, I'm married with a blended family of 7 grown children / 10 grandkids and I am an unrepentant soap-making addict. My forum handle is “Zany in CO”. I hang out mostly at soaping groups where I find there is always something new to learn.

I started soaping in 2004 when I happened across a book on soapmaking in the bargain bin at B & N -- just about the same time my favorite $5 DHC Mild Face Soap went up in price! Again! It's now going at $14 for a 3.5 ounce bar! YIKES!

I read the book and I said to myself, "Self, you can do this!" And boy am I glad I did. Whenever I think about all the money I saved over the past 13 years, I can justify all the money I spend on soap & lotion making. Almost! LOL I make CP, HP, LS, Glycerin LS, transparent soap; lotions & potions; green cleaning & laundry supplies. Altho I’m no expert, I’m drawn to the therapeutic use of herbs and essential oils.

I’m a hobbyist. I don’t do markets -- as they say, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the markets! LOL And I don’t have a website -- cuz I'm basically ‘puter-challenged. I do have a wholesale customer that keeps me busy making GM soap, GM lotion, lip balms, and a few other things as needed. The products I'm most proud of are formulated for pain relief: Achy Breaky Balm (for minor joint & muscle pain); MSM Emu Oil Cream (for arthritis); GM Lotion with 6 essential oils (for arthritis & fibro).

There are so many smart, wise, and experienced members here that I'll try to contribute where I can, but mostly I look forward to just hanging out and having a good time.

Okaybye

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

Welcome, Cee! It's great to see you here!
Hiya Irish! Back atcha!

Wow! Welcome to the forum! I look forward to learning from you!
Hey, Steve! I guess I should mention that most of what I’ve learned over lo these many years, I learned from mistakes! LOL I made lotsa mistakes at the beginning. So my advice is, don’t be afraid to try something new.

Hi Zany, about time you wondered over here. It is good to see you, (in print at least) and yes, you have a wealth of knowledge to contribute here.
Aw shucks, Carolyn (blushing), that’s so kind of you to say. Thank you.

Hi Cee! I'm in in the Denver area too.
Hiya ibct1969! Let’s not talk about how great it is to live in Denver... we have more than enough new transplants as it is! LOL

Hi Cee & welcome! I'm not in CO but 2 of my kids are so I visit often.
Howdy, Krista! I’m not in AZ but my mom, my brother and his family are in Phoenix. I don’t get to visit them nearly as much as I’d like to!

Hello.. welcome.. great to have another all rounder
Have we met? Is that a comment about my ample physique? LOL I'm just kidding. As it happens, I guess I am another "all rounder" -- just never thought of it that way. Thanks, Soapprentice!

Latest posts

Back