interesting soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessrof

Reaction score
What is the most interesting soap you have made or come across? I just made my first batch of breast milk soap and it got me thinking about all the different things you could do :)
2013-04-14_09-19-48_130_zps30378333.jpg

My BM soap. My last name happens to be that of a major soap company, but I think this counts as the real *insert bird name here* soap :)

Uhhhhh.... "BM" is not usually an abbreviation for breast milk... and I don't really want to think about a BM soap!

LOL in mommy circles it is :) I remember those days! I think "BM" meaning something different is more my parents and parent-in-laws generation.

I'd be curious to use a breast milk soap but I would only use my own. And I don't get squicky about such things usually.

I think it's cool for personal use. I wouldn't buy anyone else's as silly as it seems when you are getting milk from other mammals, I'm just a funny like that. I like to have those sheets of paper from the manufacturer telling me everything has been checked out in my oils and liquids by the FDA and other governing health and safety standards.

funny you mention this, my BF's friends mom just asked me to make her pregnant daughter a breast milk soap. I said I would... this shall be the weirdest soap ever and I hope I dont screw it up lol!

Back in my day I recall this being called lactating milk. Of course other animals lactate too but I recall the phrase being used.

I love making breastmilk soap! I had some milk frozen that I didn't want to get rid of (so hard to come by lol) so I made some soap. I have had a very close friend and aunt try them and liked them very much, but otherwise everyone says they'd only use it if the milk was their own :thumbup: Most love the idea of it though.

I am pretty excited about it. Who knows, it might be the cure for wrinkles :) I would only use my own milk or a close friend's. This batch is for personal use. It acted funky when i mixed it with the lye in comparison to goat milk. I think it had more fat than GM so it became chunky but it smoothed out during the blending.

Lovely soaps :)

I made breastmilk castile soaps for my baby shortly after she was born (she's 16 months already. Time goes so quick). I use it once in a while as well. It feels more similar to goat milk soap than it does to cow milk soap.

I think the weirdest soap I've made was maybe either the spinach puree or the pea puree. Both stunk so bad and were a pukish green/brown color :sick:

Okay, pea puree soap sounds pretty gross to me... I have this things against peas... lol

I don't know, people make carrot soap with puree. A snap pea would be high in sugar, like a carrot. And full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, like a carrot. So if you follow that logic, it makes sense.... Although I would imagine the color to be off putting, lol. You cant have any pudding, if you dont eat your peas!

I threw away 20 or so bags of frozen breastmilk last year when we moved :( Started making soap about 3 months later. /sigh

Latest posts

Back