Interesting new product on Kickstarter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babyshoes

Reaction score
My partner was obviously browsing Kickstarter again šŸ™„, and just sent me this link: S O A P B O T T L E

The concept is to use soap as a container for liquid products like shower gel or shampoo. It is then used as hand soap to get rid of the packaging...

I have so many questions! Like wouldn't the soap start dissolving from the inside, adulterating your liquid product? Why not just use soap instead? What if you don't use the liquid in the intended time - won't the soap just dissolve in your shower and waste the rest of the liquid?

I'm fascinated, but I see a lot of potential issues. šŸ¤”

Interesting! But yes, it sounds like they haven't really addressed the issues you mention... It seems that once they're fully funded they will start 'materials research', in other words they don't quite know how they're going to manage it šŸ˜†

Problem is...it's being used in the shower. Unless you only pick it up with dry hands to dispense the body wash and then keep it on a shelf where it won't get wet. the container is going to dissolve over time.

First, it's only 100ml (3.4 ounces) of liquid, so the size is very small. I doubt a body wash that size would last more than a week of daily use, probably less, depending on the person. So unless the product sits around for a long time (in production area, or on a shelf somewhere like a store or a very humid bathroom), I don't think the product inside would soften the outer soap enough to matter. It is designed to last one month (per the product designer's statement.)

Second, the goal is not to create a great bar of soap, but to create green packaging for liquid personal care products. I think it's ingenious. I hope she can make this work. She already has a functioning prototype and has received awards for the design.

More about the creator, Jonna Breitenhuber: SOAPBOTTLE story ā€“ SOAPBOTTLE

Last edited:
Back