Interesting design

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to share this design I came up with but it may be hard without pictures. Since I am not one who likes to be tied to 24/7 contact, I do not own a smart phone.
So, it is a linear swirl variation that I came up with because my recipe is 5 lbs. oil and my log mold is 28" long. That means at a thin trace, I have trouble making the colours in a straight line from one end to the other, much less getting the next colour perfectly on top of the previous colour. So I used three colours, making thin lines all over the bottom, building layers of thin lines, alternating colours, till the mold was filled. It does take time but thin lines I think is what makes it beautiful. The top looks the same as the bottom, thin lines, showing all three colours. Then I put a skewer in at one corner the whole way to the bottom and made back and forth motions across the width of the mold from one end to the other, feathering the top. I was amazed when I cut it. It's beautiful! Maybe others have done this, but I never saw it so it's new to me. Just wanted to share.........hope you all might be excited to try it.

I have some type of dyslexia, I don't see everything the same way other people see it, my brain works in certain way.

Excellent description, soapmaker. But you didn't say which 3 colors you used?
If I remember correctly, if you pour each line over the back of a spoon it helps keep the lines even. Never tried it tho. You obviously have more patience than I do! :cool:

I have some type of dyslexia, I don't see everything the same way other people see it, my brain works in certain way.
Don't worry, I may not have dyslexia but I'm apt to miss things anyway!

You can take a photo with a camera, then upload to your pc and then link to it, that's what I do.
I'm way out of the loop, I don't even own a camera. But I will have to borrow someone's smart phone sometime because I do want to destash a bit, and since it's not just f.o. that would require a camera of some sort.

Excellent description, soapmaker. But you didn't say which 3 colors you used?
If I remember correctly, if you pour each line over the back of a spoon it helps keep the lines even. Never tried it tho. You obviously have more patience than I do! :cool:
I can imagine losing my patience if I added spoons to the mix! I did a red, green and white, scented with pine, cedarwood, eucalyptus e.o.s and a fruity f.o. The first time I made this blend I had to get it out of the house (and still do). Ugh! I said no one will buy this. But it is wildly popular. The other batch I made this way is Frankincense & Myrrh and I used brown, gold and white(cream)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back