lol Very true! I'm a stickler for handwashing (with actual soap), but I happily observe the 5 second rule and that gives me plenty of germs. And last week I accidentally took a sip from a drink that had been sitting out for a week. SOOOOO GROOOOSS. I was psychosomatically a bit ill the next day (no throwing up or anything to prevent me from going to work), but otherwise fine. I think that was a nice immune system workout though!
My mother-in-law is a clean freak and I do believe that it contributed to my husband getting ill much more often than I do.
She lived with us for a while and once used so much lysol during one of her regular cleaning marathons that it made me feel lightheaded and sick. I had to leave the house with my son (newborn at the time). She also felt ill but was completely flabbergasted when I suggested it was due to the lysol fumes. She also used to get really upset when my son would pick up his baby toys to chew on. I would have to stop her from snatching them away and washing them.