Quantcast

Interesting Article on Eczema & Asthma...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correlation does not imply causation. Just because the households that have dishwashers have more eczema and asthma, it does not mean that dishwashers cause either condition.

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
lol Very true! I'm a stickler for handwashing (with actual soap), but I happily observe the 5 second rule and that gives me plenty of germs. :) And last week I accidentally took a sip from a drink that had been sitting out for a week. SOOOOO GROOOOSS. I was psychosomatically a bit ill the next day (no throwing up or anything to prevent me from going to work), but otherwise fine. I think that was a nice immune system workout though!

fuzz-juzz

Reaction score
Well I must be the odd one.
I have both and don't have a dishwasher. ;)
I am a cleaning freak though, our house is rarely beyond spotless.

LittleCrazyWolf

Reaction score
My mother-in-law is a clean freak and I do believe that it contributed to my husband getting ill much more often than I do.

She lived with us for a while and once used so much lysol during one of her regular cleaning marathons that it made me feel lightheaded and sick. I had to leave the house with my son (newborn at the time). She also felt ill but was completely flabbergasted when I suggested it was due to the lysol fumes. She also used to get really upset when my son would pick up his baby toys to chew on. I would have to stop her from snatching them away and washing them.

Filth is bad but dirt is not.