interested in androgenic hair liquid soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liqueee

Reaction score
New to soap making at this point. I am looking for a method for creating liquid scented androgenic(beard) hair shampoo either via a cold method of hot method. This of course means that the soap needs to have a soponification step(based on my reasearch). At this point I do not have a preference to hot or cold due to still being a newbie. I would prefer to end up in a fairly medium consitancy end product with a high priority on no ability to seperate. I also want to focus on maintaining the health of the androgenic hair. I have looked at several hot method recipes so far. And am looking for more input/pointers on tutorials, walkthroughs and methods related in that vein. I am also interested in any more focused discussion boards if anyone knows of any as well.

I realize you don't know this, but with your first post, you've jumped squarely in the center of a long-simmering, never-to-be-resolved controversy about the suitability of lye-based soap for washing hair. The short answer is it works for some, but it definitely does not work for all.

Have you read anything about the pros and cons of lye-based soap versus synthetic detergents for cleansing hair? If not, I'd advise you to research this issue before you make a commitment to using soap as a hair cleanser.

Back