Intensive care hand cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterPoor

Reaction score
My brother works in the medical profession and washes his hands a lot through out the day. As you can imagine, this has lead to very dry, cracking skin. I'm planning on make a pretty big order soon to restock my soap stuff, so I'm looking to make a lotion or lotion bar for him. I have never done a lotion, or lotion bar, but no time like the present to learn.

Anyway, any suggestions for a super hydrating lotion? What oils to look at? Which ones to avoid?

I thought I would share my "go to" website with you when I make lotions. Susan is really great. She does all this science research and then posts it in a way that anyone can understand. She had a great section on different skin types and what works really well.

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.ca/p/skin-chemistry-and-types.html

I personally use glycerin and allantoin with my lotions to give them that extra edge of moisturization. I also use fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond oil and shea butter. Shea butter is really good for keeping moisture locked next to the skin so you don't loose it as fast.

This is not a website that sells anything in particular. Susan does not make money off her website. She has charities she asks you donate to if you want to send her something. she also sells a couple of books she's compiled with the information on her website, but that money also goes to charities. This is just an information website and she's AWESOME.

Thank you. I do have that blog bookmarked and normally it is one of my open tabs as I pour over it and try to absorb a little bit of her knowledge.

I would add some IPM to help it absorb faster. I was given some l'occitane hand creams one year that are just amazing, they absorb so fast that it's easy to put gloves on soon afterwards. I've been meaning to try out my own version of one just haven't experimented yet!

Latest posts

Back