Instant Pot Chicken Soup

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made the parents Chicken Soup in the Instant Pot today. I won't go as far as to say it is instant...:smallshrug: I did discover 20 min of high pressure does not fully cook a whole chicken, which was okay since I needed to pull it apart. got the chicken done, Chopped and caramelized all the veggies in a pan de-glazed the pan and put the juices from veggies back in the pot of broth.

After I chopped up the chicken and smoked sausage I added all the veggies sausage and chicken back to the pot and cooked it all with the soup/broth setting. It turned out delicious but it was a long way from adding all in the pot and cooking it :D

My MIL was the most fantastic soup maker I ever had the pleasure of knowing and she taught me a lot. The lady could make soup out of anything... Between her Armenian cooking and my FIL's Romanian peasant food there was a lot of mixing of flavors

They could make Soup :nodding:

ETA: Now I have all the bones and veggie peelings in the pot to make bone broth. I like to save veggie peelings and ends and pieces of veggies in the freezer when I want to make bone broth. The peelings have the most flavor. My trick not MIL's :dance:

Last edited:
I love soup, its one of my favorite foods. Made a big pot of irish stew a few days ago and ate it for three days.
I didn't know you made bone broth with chicken, though it was beef. Do you cook it until the cooled broth becomes jelly?

Nope, it does not gel like beef especially when using beef marrow bones. I make the chicken bone broth for my Farina Soup, that my family loves, but my parents do not like it. The broth turned out quite tasty. When the girls were still home if soup was mentioned the only word was Farina. It is a dumpling made with farina in a clear broth. Chicken and veggies on the side in a sauce my hubby calls orange sauce, really a sweet and sour orange sauce made with vinegar, tomato paste, sugar and water. Romanian peasant sauce that does have a name but I do not know how to spell it. Now when the weather cools off one girl or the other will call and say, "Soup time."

I got an instapot recently too! A whole chicken does not properly cook in 20 minutes for sure. I did mine 2x the poultry setting and it was done. I also do bone broths! I add plants like astragulus root for immune boosting properties.

I loooove my Instant Pot! I got one for Christmas and I've been using it weekly since. I just did a pot of chicken noodle soup last weekend too. I buy a precooked rotisserie chicken and strip the meat, then use the bones for the broth. I add the bones, celery, carrot, onion, bay leaf, salt and pepper to my IP and fill with water. Then cook High Pressure for 60 minutes. Absolutely delicious broth!

I like buying the rotisserie chickens as well. Cooking Down the Bones for broth is wonderful I use the skin and bones and cover with water and put it in my oven to bake and it does cook down to a loose jelly.

Latest posts

Back