Instagram mentions in exchange for free product

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishmish

Reaction score
I got an email from a guy - I recognized his name and looked him up in my records - he bought some shaving soap from me a couple of years ago, so yes, he's a customer but not a regular. He claims to have a big Instagram following and he proposed posting product pics and testimonial in exchange for some free product. I used to get these offers fairly often from bloggers but nothing lately...this feels a bit different because he has used my stuff. But I've always figured that if someone liked my soap and wanted to write about it, that's great, but I don't want to appear to bribe someone to do it.

Have you ever gone along with a suggestion like this and has it brought in new business?

I've never been approached for that but I have a friend
/customer that freely offered to post pictures of what she buys and also my husband's woodworking business. Never brought one customer to my knowledge.

Counteroffer - He pays for the products and you give him a discount code for his 'followers' to use. When said followers use the discount code, you will pay him the discount and then he can get his products for 'free'. If he's legit, he'll accept the offer...if he's not, then he won't.

This is really common now days and is how a lot of the younger generation spread word. Just look at how much money some youtubers or Instagram influencers make.

I don't see anything wrong with it, just make sure you have a understanding of how much freebies he would be getting. Its basically cheap advertising.

If his blog presence is related to things like men's grooming and such, it might be worth it to work with him because your products fit that groove and will appeal to his audience.

If he blogs about things like motocross or gaming ... it might not be very useful to you.

Latest posts

Back