Quantcast

Inspired by osso

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This batch is making my house smell sooo good! I was inspired by a sample that osso shared in the Alternative Liquid Swap. It was an all-veggie bar scented with spearmint-eucalyptus and had such a nice lotion-y feel that I wanted to attempt a dupe. Here's my attempt using an EO combo of eucalyptus, spearmint & sweet birch colored with NSS's mint green & turquoise mica.

IMG_1194[1].jpg

IMG_1195[1].jpg

IMG_1196[1].jpg

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty cool, doriette! Great color combo, great design.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I love blue, and this makes me smile it's so beautiful.

rparrny

Reaction score
Tranquility in a bar! Technique?

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Lovely swirls!

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are making me blush with all the compliments, thank you! I'm really happy with the scent and color combo but probably won't be able to re-create the design again. I'll just call it a free-style swirl because I couldn't decide until the very last minute if it would be ITP, drop or hanger style.

rparrny - I guess the technique was a combination drop & hanger swirl. I poured the base color, dropped a layer of each color on top then repeated the sequence. Then I used a gear tie and churned it around a bit . . . please don't ask for specifics because I wasn't trying for butterflies or anything like that. After the gear tie, I poured any remaining white batter over the top and drizzled with the leftover green/blue batter then swirled with a bamboo skewer.

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Judi - I owe you a package so maybe the soap fairy will toss in a little extra something . . . for research purposes and all ;)

BlackDog

Reaction score
Oh, how I love tone-on-tone color combinations. This is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!