Inspired by Browsing thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've long wanted to try a design I saw on the Browsing Soap Pics thread. I'm still trying to figure out the swirl pattern. Here is what I wanted;
Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 9.51.02 PM.jpg
Here is what I got, LOL. It's still soap and smells awesome! Anise/spearmint. I like the curly cue in the one loaf. The other loaf didn't do much (yes I'm blaming the loaf and not the soaper!)
20200915_190156.jpg20200915_190739.jpg

I've long wanted to try a design I saw on the Browsing Soap Pics thread. I'm still trying to figure out the swirl pattern. Here is what I wanted;
View attachment 49601
Here is what I got, LOL. It's still soap and smells awesome! Anise/spearmint. I like the curly cue in the one loaf. The other loaf didn't do much (yes I'm blaming the loaf and not the soaper!)
View attachment 49602View attachment 49603
Looks pretty close to me! Nice!

Those swirls look pretty similar to me - great job! The only real differences I see are the beveled edges on theirs, and different mold shapes (looks like they used a TS mold).

How much anise do you use? Does it last? Since EOCalc shows such a low safe usage rate for it, I've been reluctant to try it for fear that it wouldn't come through at all after the lye and the cure. But I'd love to try it if you are having good success with it.

Those swirls look pretty similar to me - great job! The only real differences I see are the beveled edges on theirs, and different mold shapes (looks like they used a TS mold).

How much anise do you use? Does it last? Since EOCalc shows such a low safe usage rate for it, I've been reluctant to try it for fear that it wouldn't come through at all after the lye and the cure. But I'd love to try it if you are having good success with it.
A tall and skinny mold is on my wishlist. I've just started using anise essential oil and I use the rates that EOCalc gives me. At 8 weeks the scent is still strong. It really is different than other eo's in a blend because it's a whole new scent altogether. I hope I'm explaining that. Like I'm not a huge lavender fan (even tho' Mrs. Zing would be happy with 100% lavender) but I like lavender/anise.

My one loaf also behaves worse than the other. Maybe I'll put it in the naughty corner sometimes... With my son. Lol

I think you got it pretty close Mr. Zing. I too love the curly ones, so cute :)

A tall and skinny mold is on my wishlist. I've just started using anise essential oil and I use the rates that EOCalc gives me. At 8 weeks the scent is still strong. It really is different than other eo's in a blend because it's a whole new scent altogether. I hope I'm explaining that. Like I'm not a huge lavender fan (even tho' Mrs. Zing would be happy with 100% lavender) but I like lavender/anise.
Thanks, that is good to know. I don't mind lavender, but I do prefer it in a blend, as opposed to straight, so anise-lavender it will be. Appreciate the info!

Back