Insomnia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellyfish

Reaction score
Over the past week or two I've had horrible insomnia. It's a combination of work/boy/friend/family stress that keeps my mind going all night. I've tried using EOs, tea, melatonin, etc. What else can i try? What methods do you use when you can fall asleep?

Sorry you are having trouble sleeping.

When i can't sleep i put on a movie or some music, drink some milk or tea and usually i fall asleep. Sometimes if that doesn't work I just go for the nyquil or tylenol pm.

I like to take a bubble bath and add EOs like chamomile, neroli or lavender to the water. Afterwards I can usually fall right asleep

Reading usually helps me fall asleep - unless I'm really into the book, then it tends to keep me awake.

I too take a bath in my huge garden whirlpool tub every night to help me relax and READ while I'm soaking in the tub. If I need extra help getting to sleep, the herb Valerian works much better for me than melatonin.

Well, I hope you have it sorted out by now, but I usually go the hot shower/melatonin route. If that doesn't work, I work out really hard for half an hour and take another shower. Having an awesome mattress helps a ton too. We have a memory foam one.

longwinterfarm said:
Well, I hope you have it sorted out by now, but I usually go the hot shower/melatonin route. If that doesn't work, I work out really hard for half an hour and take another shower. Having an awesome mattress helps a ton too. We have a memory foam one.

I want one of those matresses. They are so nice. I have one of those memory foam pads on my bed, but it just isn't the same.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Wish I had checked back on this thread back when I was having my sleeping issues. THings are back to normal now, but I'll keep all this in mind for next time.

Back