Inkjet vs Thermal printer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

ALimestoll

Reaction score
I have been using an inkjet printer, but I recently found thermal printer. I have read that heat will change the thermal printer label black, but not a thermal transfer print label. Do any of you have experience with this?? Thoughts?

MelissaG

Owner and Creator at Silver Branch Soapworks
Reaction score
I will never use a thermal printer. I live in an area that is intensely hot and humid most of the year. I can just see that going badly. I'm moving to Online Labels Weatherproof labels with my laser printer. I do still want to get a color laser printer though.

Reaction score
I didn't know one could print weatherproof labels w/ a laser printer. That's nice to know. I thought it had to be a thermal printer. Thanks for making that point. I wanted a thermal printer pretty bad before i shut down my first attempt at a soap company.
2 cents per label w Online Labels Weatherproof labels is also an excellent suggestion but I already dread having to wait two weeks to receive labels after changing one ingredient. I used Minuteman Press for the weatherproof Metrc labels in my most recent business.
I liked Minuteman. They have fair prices, great on-staff graphic artists, can print anything, and brick n mortar stores everywhere.