Ingredients list for label

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking if water and lye disapate or evaporate do I need to write water and lye in my ingredients for my lable? Also if I donate some of my soap for a children's schools fundraiser for them to sell to raise money, it would be them selling not me so would I still have to fill out forms with health canada or food safty were ever we are supposed to fill out are recipe forms. I'm not selling soap just gifts.

Not 100% sure about Canada, but a generally safer method is using the "sodium xxoate" structure. So olive oil is listed as sodium olivate. Lard is sodium lardate and so on.

As for regulations, how is it with any baked goods in the fundraiser? Usually it's not an issue as it's not actually for sale as such, it's not a commercial venture for profit and all that jazz. But Canada seems to be getting quite silly in many ways, so check with the organisation themselves

You list the ingredients "out of the pot", so olive oil would be sodium olivate, and so on.

As for filing a CNF, I would recommend that you do it. It doesn't take long and you don't have to wait until you get an "official" number. Once you've completed your CNF, you're good to go. One thing you might want to check into, though, is insurance. Whether you're selling or donating, it's a good idea to have it.

Latest posts

Back