Ingredient listings

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So. I've been watching a lot of videos online and looking at a lot of other soaper's products just to get a feel for the business aspect of the whole thing.

One thing I've noticed, is that a lot of people who use melt and pour embeds in their cp soaps, do not list it on their ingredient lists (the components of the m&p I mean). I know some people use cp soap for all of their embeds as well (which is the route I've been taking, as practice, so that in the future I wouldn't run in to this problem).

Now, I think we can all agree that making embeds from m&p is much easier and efficient...but how do all of y'all feel about this discrepancy on ingredient lists from sellers? From my perspective, it is a bit risky, and invites liability if someone has a reaction and an ingredient isn't listed. Also from my perspective, listing all of the extra ingredients from m&p makes a long ingredient list that some customers may shy away from, especially with the "chemical" sounding ingredients (like I know what sorbitol is, but your regular jane doe may not like the sound of it, etc).

I'm honestly not trying to start anything by this (or call anyone out), but it is something I'm genuinely interested in how people feel about this.

I list every ingredient in order used, from most to least weight. Even though I only sell to family and friends, I list all ingredients because I don't want to run the risk of someone having an allergic reation to my products. I also put a warning statement on my products urging the user to do a skin patch test before full use of the product.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back